Thursday, July 10, 2008

Remember the time...

There is nothing better than a picnic in the park on a hot summer day {with an ice cold Coca-Cola}. We ventured out last month to what my sister Chrissy called the perfect park. It has the steepest slide you've ever seen, and lots of area to run around.
Carly is such a fun little friend. She loves to have a good time and almost always has a giggly-smile on her face. It doesn't take much for her to convince us to "go and play".

We were lucky to have Aunt Rachael with us that day. She and Uncle Norm were here for a week in June and we miss them so much already. Now that she has informed us that she's a real, true life baby maker, we're not sure when we'll see them next.
Remember that oh-so-steep slide I was telling you about. I forgot for a moment how old I am and decided to go down with the girls. Bad. Idea. The slide curved way before my body was ready to, and I ended up getting most of the skin on both of my ankles ripped off. It was not pleasant or fun. At. All. The greatest part was that my sister just happened to take a picture of our jumbled mess of bodies as we came out. Hilarious!

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Sorry about your ankles, looks like fun though!!

Moira said...

Sweet slide! Where's this park at?

Mr. Belvedeere said...

first a miley cyrus concert and now a slide at a park? if shane walks in on you watching 'friends' and eating ice cream straight from the carton, i think he will have something to worry about. fyi, you're totally a monica.
ps - don't forget free slurpees at the sev. so what if they're carcinogenic, they'll make you forget that you have two open flesh wounds on your legs. ahhh, the only thing that beats 7-11 is watching rosie o'donnell not succeed at anything.

JaMie HeApS said...

im impressed you went for it megan, theres nothing better then a fun mom that gets down and plays.

Anonymous said...

Megan you are a great mom to go down those slides. I need to know where that park is. I am running out of things to do this summer. Help. Trisha