Saturday, December 8, 2007

Do You Hear What I Hear?

HO HO HO
Comment Graphics at pYzam.com

I love, love, love Christmas music. I have certain songs that I can sing all season long and never get tired of dancing around my house to. There are those that have been favorites of mine since I was little. I have realized, though, that there are a specific few that make me roll my eyes and want to throw whatever listening device I am using out the window. You know the ones--you recognize them within a couple of notes because they bug you so bad. So, here are the 10 worst Christmas songs EVER, according to me. I'm bugged just thinking about them.

10. "Christmas in Hollis" by Run DMC--This barely even qualifies as Christmas music, but for some reason people out there love it. Not me.

9. "We Need a Little Christmas" by anybody. Totally just bugs me--for some reason it reminds me of annoying neighbors and people who are over-the-top Christmas.

8. "Do They Know It's Christmastime" by Band Aid--They just way overdid this one when they tried to get a whole bunch of celebs together. Whenever I hear it all I can do is picture Boy George, and that ruins any Christmas spirit.

7. "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" by anybody. Could this song be any more slow, long, and boring? Torture I tell you.

6. "Feliz Navidad"--The song is bad enough, but the worst part is being forced to listen to every RM who speaks Spanish sing along as if they are impressing anybody.

5. "So This is Christmas" by John Lennon--The Beatles suck, and so does this little diddy.

4. "Mele Kalikimaka"--I hate it. That's all I can say.

3. "Where are you Christmas" by Cindy Lou Who--Totally sappy, and the girls voice is annoying.

2. "Wonderful Christmastime" by Paul McCartney--I seriously want to flop around on the floor, having spasms to the beat of this song. It's that bad.

1. And the absolute worst Christmas song EVER..."Christmas Shoes" by NewSong. By far the dumbest Christmas song I have ever heard. I distinctly remember the first time I heard it a few years back--my face must have been hilarious because I was so in awe over who would ever write or sing such a dumb song and try to make it sad and "heartwarming". Give me a break.

Please fill me in on any I may have missed. I realize I will get some grief over my picks, because frankly, some of you have crappy taste in music. I'm sticking to my fun, upbeat Britney and friends.

3 comments:

chrissy said...

I am not a fan of silent night. Or of anything done by hillary duff. She almost ruined "last christmas" for me. Nor am I a fan of "grandma got ran over".

meg said...

Okay, I don't really like Silent Night or Grandma getting run over either. Let's say they are #11 and 12. Good call.

Anonymous said...

1.Santa Baby - Madonna
2.Rudolf - "like a lightbulb"
3.I saw mommy kissing Santa Claus -
psychoanalist's dream.
4.Pachelbell - coma inducing


Best alltime
1. O Holy night - D Danley