Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Human Taste

So, that Edward Cullen is a hottie. It took me a while to really picture it (as stated
in my previous post). At first I wasn't seeing it--so I looked up what the author pictured
him as--and that helped. He is a cutie! However, I'm still not seeing the "I'm soooo in love with Edward" phenomenon. I really did like this book. I couldn't put it down, just like the rest
of you. Mostly because, and those of you who know me well won't be surprised, I love
the high-school romance. I love the "will he notice me, will he ask me out, when will he kiss
me" emotion of the story. But, and this is a huge but, the guy is a vampire. A monster. I don't
care how good looking he is supposed to be. Every time Bella and Edward had a conversation about how hard it was for him not to bite her, and how he just appeared places and could do things that weren't human I found myself rolling my eyes. This is just a thing with me--I'm not a big fan of movies or books that could never really happen (something that drives Shane bonkers). However, I will be reading the next 2 books, and my friends
and I already have a date for the movie. Maybe I will change my mind--as for now,
I prefer humans.
Because I have so impressed myself with my ability to "perfectly" soundtrack my blog according to my posts, I came up with my own list of perfect songs for the movie soundtrack. Hollywood should hire me immediately.
1. Matchbook Romance--Monsters (now playing). Perfect for the opening credits.
2. Juliet Turner--Vampire. Just a good song for anywhere in the movie.
3. David Usher--Black Black Heart. You know, because he's a vampire.
4. Def Leppard--Love Bites (I know, I kill me too). How great would that be for Bella and Edward's first dance at the prom.
5. INXS--Devil Inside. For when James and his crew are out to get Bella.
6. Brigitte Handley--Sleeping with a Vampire.
What do you think? I'm a genius, right?

1 comments:

Mr. Belvedeere said...

wow, he can bite my neck anytime!