Wednesday, August 26, 2009

It's Shocking, Really

Several things have changed around here.
First, blogging has become a "chore". Something that once came easily and frequently now seems like something I don't have time for. And it's weird. Because I really do want to keep up with the old bloggin' bus, but somehow the days and weeks just pass me by. And I have lots and lots to post about, but, oh, the time it takes...and I'm not sure why I have less time than I used to, but I do.

Second, summer is over. And I still can't wrap my brain around that fact. And I love fall the most of all the seasons, so I'm happy...but it's crazy how fast the time goes. We did have lots o' fun this summer {and a broken arm}, and maybe I'll get around to putting some pictures up, because I know that everybody is dying to see them {even if they are old}.

Third, my baby starts kindergarten tomorrow. And I'm feeling very anxious about the whole thing. Like she isn't ready to be on her own, and that she'll get lost, or not know bus safety, or forget her backpack... And I don't remember feeling all of these emotions when I sent my first off to school--but I'm sure I'm just forgetting. But just to help with all of the stress, tomorrow I'm going to send her on her merry little way and head on over to get myself a pedicure. For the sake of my mental health. And because I now have free afternoons--and that is going to mean alot of me time.

Fourth, my oldest is now a third grader. And she thinks she is an expert when it comes to school. She's got it down. She has assured me that she will take care of her little sister for me. And I believe her. Carly will be in good {and maybe bossy} hands. And I've learned that she no longer cares about my opinion in what she wears. She chose her first day of school outfit, and there was no turning her mind around. But, as it turned out, she looked absolutely adorable--and too grown up.

3 comments:

JaMie HeApS said...

glad to see you back at it.

Reid and Brittney said...

Sounds like a crazy time for you. Ashlyn looks so grown up..i can hardly believe it. I can't believe Carly starts kindergarten, holy cow. They are so stinkin' cute. I hope you are feeling good. Where are the prego pics?

Wendy said...

She looks so grown up and adorable!